Effective Date: October 31, 2020
By using our Service, you acknowledge that you have accepted this Policy without exception. If you do not consent to this Policy, please neither use our Service nor provide us with any of your information.
What’s covered by this Policy
This Policy covers our Service.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use our Service, we may collect the following categories of your personal information:
- Identifiers: Your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number (e.g., information you provide when you create an account with us).
- Transaction Information: Shipping and billing information, credit or debit card information or other preferred payment means, and records of your purchases from us, any returns you make or products you are considering purchasing from us (e.g., items in your cart).
- Log Information: Information about your use of our Service, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the referring link through which you accessed our website.
- Device information: Information about the device you use to access our Service, including unique device ID, persistent identifiers, the hardware model, and operating system and version.
- Social Media: If you choose to interact with us through a third-party social network such as Instagram (each, a "Social Network"), we may collect personal information from your profile on the Social Network, like your username and any other personal information you make publicly available. Please be aware that any information you submit or post to a social media site, such as Instagram, is done at your own risk and without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of social media site users and are not responsible for any content or submissions contained on such sites.
The sources from which we may collect personal information are directly from you, automatically when you use our Service, or from non-affiliated companies (e.g., service providers, third parties) that assist us in providing, maintaining, and operating our Service and marketing (including customer support, web hosting, web development, data management, payment processing, product fulfillment, security, fraud control, events and promotional services, and analytics services).
Uses of Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Develop, provide, and improve our Service, including to facilitate and improve your online shopping experience;
- Complete the transactions you request and perform our contractual obligations;
- Process your orders, payments, and account adjustments and initiate, render, bill, and collect payment for our Service;
- Create and maintain your account;
- Send you notifications related to your account, purchases, exchanges, and returns;
- Respond to your requests and any other communications from you, including to provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about our Service, offers, promotions, and events, and provide information we believe may be of interest to you (Note: at any time you may choose to withdraw your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes by contacting us as outlined in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy);
- Personalize your online experience and provide content or features that may be more relevant or interesting to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- Conduct internal research and development and make business decisions about current and future Service offerings;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, error, negligence, and breach of contract;
- To protect our rights, property, or safety, and that of our users, customers, employees, third parties, or the public;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory obligations, and respond to government requests;
- Defend against or pursue claims, disputes, or litigation in court or elsewhere; or
- Carry out certain short-term activities and other reasonable internal purposes related to our Service, especially with respect to products you purchase from us or your ongoing relationship with us
These uses of your personal information are processed according to the following:
- As necessary to fulfill our responsibilities under a contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products you have ordered);
- As necessary for our legitimate interests (e.g., our interest in providing a relevant and secure Service, improving our Service, and maintaining our books and records);
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations (e.g., notifying you as required by law in the event of a breach regarding the security of your personal information); or
- As is consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time (e.g., marketing communications).
Sharing Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties, except for the purposes described below:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries: Disclosures of your personal information to our holding company, subsidiaries, and affiliates for one or more purposes described in the “Uses of Personal Information” section above.
- Non-affiliated Companies: Disclosures of your personal information to non-affiliated companies or individuals we hire or work with that perform services on our behalf, including customer support, web hosting, web development, data management, payment processing, product fulfillment, security, fraud control, marketing, events and promotional services, and analytics services. We only disclose the information required by the service provider or third party to perform the respective service for us.
- Corporate Transaction: Personal information may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations for any purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization, or financing involving us.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory obligations, and respond to government requests (e.g., request from an administrative agency, civil suit, subpoena, court order, or judicial or administrative proceeding);
- Protect our rights, property, or safety, and that of our users, customers, employees, third parties, or the public;
- Defend against or pursue claims, disputes, or litigation in court or elsewhere; and
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, error, negligence, and breach of contract.
How we protect your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable precautions to protect it. However, since the internet is not a completely secure environment, we cannot ensure the security of information during its transmission between you and us. Accordingly, you acknowledge that when you transmit such information, you do so at your own risk and in accordance with applicable law.
How long we keep your personal information
How you are notified if this Policy changes
We may change this Policy from time to time, and any updates or modifications will be posted on our website. In some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). We encourage you to read this Policy carefully to stay informed about our personal information practices and the choices available to you.
Communicating with you electronically
By using our Service, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically. This includes any required notifications (i.e., legal, technical, regulatory, security, or privacy) relating to your use of our Service.
Children under 13
We do not, in providing the Service, knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal information to us via the Service, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will take steps to remove the personal information from our storage systems and terminate the account if we determine that a child under 13 has used the Service.
For non-U.S. residents
The Service is operated from the United States. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Service or provide information to us, you acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred, processed, and stored in the United States. United States privacy laws may vary from those in your jurisdiction.
Your rights related to your personal information
While we take various steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of your personal information, we rely on you to provide accurate and complete information when interacting with us.
Upon your request, and as allowed or required by applicable law, you may request that we take the following actions with your personal information: (i) provide you with a copy; (ii) correct it; (iii) update it; or (iv) delete it (including to delete your online account). To make such a request, or if you have a privacy-related complaint, please contact us as provided in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy.
Please note, after you contact us, we will require that you (or your authorized agent) take proportionate steps (i.e., provide us with certain information) to verify your identity. Specifically, regarding deletion requests, we may retain certain personal information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights related to your personal information.
Information for California Consumers
Shine the Light Law
California residents may opt-out of us disclosing their personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and do not want us to disclose your information to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
If you are a California consumer, the CCPA requires us to disclose the following items with respect to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information:
- Categories of personal information collected: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, California Customer Records personal information categories, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of precise fields of personal information we collect, please see “Personal Information We Collect” above.
- Categories of sources of personal information: The sources from which we collect personal information are described in the “Personal Information We Collect” section above.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting and using personal information: We collect personal information for the business purposes described in the “Uses of Personal Information” section above.
- Categories of personal information disclosed: In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, California Customer Records personal information categories, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you.
- Categories of third parties with whom we share personal information: We may share your personal information with the third parties as described in the “Sharing Personal Information” section above.
- Sale of Personal Information: We do not sell personal information as the term is traditionally understood. However, if you have visited our website within the past 12 months and you have seen ads, under the CCPA your personal information could be considered to have been “sold” to certain third parties that assist us in providing, maintaining, and operating our marketing for the purpose of tailoring and delivering advertising that may be more relevant or interesting to you. This includes the following categories of personal information: identifiers and internet or other electronic network activity information. Please note, we do not sell the personal information of individuals under the age of 16 if we have actual knowledge of the individual’s age.
Your CCPA Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have the right to submit an access request for a copy of the personal information we have about you. You also have the right to submit a deletion request asking that we delete any or all of the personal information that we have collected about you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. To exercise your access or deletion right, please contact us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note, after you contact us, we will require that you (or your authorized agent) take proportionate steps (i.e., provide us with certain information) to verify your identity.
You may opt out of the sale of your personal information by navigating to the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on our homepage and toggling off the “Sale of Personal Information.” You may also opt out of the sale of your personal information by blocking and deleting cookies or similar tracking technologies in your browser. Please note, however, that if you block and delete cookies or similar tracking technologies, some parts of our site may not function correctly.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights related to your personal information.
If you have any questions about this Policy, want to exercise a privacy right with respect to your personal information, or have a privacy-related complaint, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note, these are monitored for privacy-related requests only, and should not be used in connection with other inquiries.
Have a question you want to ask or an idea you want to run by us? Feel free to Contact Us.
Or are you ready to start your journey to Awesome Town? If so – Let’s Do This